Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Router Settings

Re: Router Settings

Chuck [MVP]

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:07:32 +0100, "Andy Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a CE device that needs to access a Vista PC that is plugged into a
>wireless router/network switch. When both the CE device and the PC are
>connected wirelessly to the router, I can ping the router from both and I
>can ping the CE device from the Vista PC, but not the other way around. If I
>connect an ethernet cable to the router instead of connecting wirelessly, I
>can ping the PC from the CE device.
> I presume I need to set up some sort of routing on the wireless router
>to tell it to pass packets from the CE device to the PC, but I haven't much
>idea of how to do it. The CE device, PC and router all have static IP
>addresses and the router is a BT Voyager 2100. Thanks in advance for any
>help.
>
>Andy Baker

Andy,

The BT Voyager 2100 is (was) "state of the art". See if it has a DMZ /
"Isolation Mode" or a similar setting, creating separate VLANs between the
Ethernet switch and the WiFi radio.

<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005...ther-help.html

--
Cheers,
Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2008 [Windows - Desktop Experience]