Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > outside bell

outside bell

Nemo

For ordinary POTS phones you can get an outside bell - so that if you
are in the garden you know when the phone is ringing.

Is any similar device available for VOIP phones?

Gordon Henderson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Nemo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>For ordinary POTS phones you can get an outside bell - so that if you
>are in the garden you know when the phone is ringing.
>
>Is any similar device available for VOIP phones?

Carry a DECT handset?

Or a cheap ATA with a normal external bell/ringer connected (have
installed a couple of these) - but then you'll need to make sure both
the ATA and your normal phone will ring on the same account.

I've one reseller who has wall-mounted a few grandstream BT200's as
remote "bells" (they double as the PA system too) ... They're not good
outside though!

Gordon