Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > kron backup to tftp

kron backup to tftp

tweety

Hi All,

Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, i
am looking to send configs from about 7 cat3560 switches to a tftp
server, this id like to do for example on a sunday night at midnight.
Someone had mentioned using the schedular to do this? Kron i believe ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Andrew

klaus zerwes

tweety schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, i
> am looking to send configs from about 7 cat3560 switches to a tftp
> server, this id like to do for example on a sunday night at midnight.
> Someone had mentioned using the schedular to do this? Kron i believe ?

The software for execute scheduled commands at some given time is named
cron.

For the backup of the configs I use rancid.

rancid is what you are looking for! It uses CVS, so you are able to
restore even a config in use 6 months that has changed several times.
For the scheduled execution it really uses cron

http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks a bunch
>
> Andrew

Regards
Klaus

--
Klaus Zerwes
http://www.zero-sys.net

xerofun xerofun is offline
Junior Member

Hi tweety,

just do the following:

Code:
kron occurrence backup at 00:00 sun recurring
 policy-list backup
!
kron policy-list backup
 cli write
 cli show running-config | redirect tftp://<ip>/<file>
Be sure to run the command once on the cli, to see if it's working (tftp connectivity, permission to write the file on the tftp server, etc):
Code:
show running-config | redirect tftp://<ip>/<file>
Best,
Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety
Hi All,

Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, i
am looking to send configs from about 7 cat3560 switches to a tftp
server, this id like to do for example on a sunday night at midnight.
Someone had mentioned using the schedular to do this? Kron i believe ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Andrew

booting router from tftp: image is stored within a sub-dir in tftp root Sharad Cisco 0 02-13-2007 11:31 AM
Running TCL from cisco kron rm-throwaway4@gunlab.com.ru Cisco 0 12-20-2005 10:43 AM
Running ping with kron Patrick A Cisco 9 04-09-2005 07:18 AM
kron every 5 minutes Knut Rauscher Cisco 3 11-30-2004 05:02 AM
Running ping with kron Andreas Tikart Cisco 0 06-28-2004 08:12 AM

Advertisments