Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Intellimouse 5 button mouse: where are custom settings store?

Intellimouse 5 button mouse: where are custom settings store?

lbbss

I would like to save my custom settings (program specific) for my
intellimouse, but can't find them anywhere? I don't really know what
kind of file is it? I looked everywhere. Is it stored in the
registry? Where can I find this information. Thanks.

why?

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:31:03 -0700 (PDT), lbbss wrote:

>I would like to save my custom settings (program specific) for my
>intellimouse, but can't find them anywhere? I don't really know what
>kind of file is it? I looked everywhere. Is it stored in the
>registry? Where can I find this information. Thanks.

MS Intellimouse? Driver version?

If you have the Intellimouse S/W installed would assume it's off the
icon in the system tray.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...d/default.mspx
Microsoft Hardware Mouse and Keyboard Home Page

Don't recall any option on the Control Panel / Mouse tabs but then
that's a MS USB Intellimouse 5 button scroll wheel driver 5.1.2600.0
01/07/2001.

No answer from JLA FORUMS Home -> GENERAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14 2009 7:31 pm Post subject: Intellimouse 5
button mouse: where are custom settings store Reply with quote

I would like to save my custom settings (program specific) for my
intellimouse, but can't find them anywhere? I don't really know what
kind of file is it? I looked everywhere. Is it stored in the
registry? Where can I find this information. Thanks.

Me

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

lbbss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to save my custom settings (program specific) for my
>intellimouse, but can't find them anywhere? I don't really know what
>kind of file is it? I looked everywhere. Is it stored in the
>registry? Where can I find this information. Thanks.

You can find this by using Process Monitor

I'd do it for you, but it's a time consuming process.

Filter:intellimouse to monitor, run PM just before a change, then stop
monitoring and search the output for key words, or search one line at
a time.

I have a 5 button mouse, G5 Laser Mouse by logitech.
Running MAIN.CPL will start the mouse properties, logitech is attached
to it as Setpoint settings.

--

The-100-most-iconic-internet-videos
http://www.urlesque.com/2009/04/07/t...ternet-videos/

Bucky Breeder

googlegroper from googlegroups.com put this out there:

> I would like to save my custom settings (program specific) for my
> intellimouse, but can't find them anywhere? I don't really know what
> kind of file is it? I looked everywhere. Is it stored in the
> registry? Where can I find this information. Thanks.

If you looked "everywhere" then they must not be anywhere... ?

So get a Ford. They didn't take any of the bailout money. Yay.

Try your Control Panel. It'd be under an applet called "Mouse"
unless you're a stoopid wetback, then it'd be "El Ratón".

HTH.

--

I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a snake in my
pocket;" and, well... *MAYBE*... I *MIGHT BE* "happy" to see you!

Don't KILL teh pirates; teach 'em to be gud Democrats:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/.../hopenosis.gif