Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > iphone , a palm computer

iphone , a palm computer

habshi

ipod might be better for those who cant afford the phone.
These are one of the greartest inventions ever made. You now hold a
mini computer in the palm of your hand and it makes you much more
productive.
Imagine hundreds of books which are actually more readable on the
iphone screen than in real life , and easy to carry. Many like
Shakespeare you can download free.
Its got free connection to the internet , so you can read
newspapers , magazines , deal with your email etc. I think the color
screen is much better than the black and white Kinder.
In your palm you now have access to all the radio and tv stations of
the world via 'wunderradio' thousands of instructional videos on
youtube. The touch screen concept is fantastic and is likely to be
adopted for desktop computers too , it really speeds up internet
browsing.
One great benefit is that one can read the ipod touch and iphone in
bed without overhead lights as it has its own built in light. And of
course via google maps you now have the whole world's street level
maps in your hand. You can also download an application called 'hear
planet' which will lead aloud any landmarks and details about them
when you are near a place. The free application 'quick voice' lets you
record your thoughts. 'star map' shows you the night sky , renoir lets
you paint.
Turn the calculator horizontal and it changes to a superb
scientific one, itranslate lets you type in a foreign phrase and it
translates and shows you the answer in that language, dxsaurs gives
you a list of conditions that might be afflicting you, applications to
learn magic , eye tests, look at 3d stereograms - you need to practice
on the first one, bible , hanuman chalisa , sudoku,
There are some I have downloaded but not learnt to use yet -
'memory stick' , 'dictaphone', istethoscope', 'skype', 'air sharing'-
does anybody know what they do and how to use them.
I expect thousands of India orientated applications soon.
I would suggest buying the ipod touch for $200 first and
getting used to all the above before buying the iphone.