Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > USA and DATA Caps..

USA and DATA Caps..

texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Somewhere on teh intarwebs
>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]
>>
>>> What is $32 in NZD?

>> Google is your friend.

>LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
>the difference?".

On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has posted them, are knowlegable,
friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for such matters.

I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting through many websites on google.

>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

>http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

Tut tut using tinyurl...

>Cheers,

Cath

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:

>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:gs6t1i$4tt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs
>> texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
>>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

>>> Google is your friend.

>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
>> the difference?".

>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
>referring all the Qs to Google.
>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules to
>suit.
>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets of
>those who tire of her dribble?

Yawn, slow day today eh?

Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't it as I have been using
the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.
The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen from time to time.

FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

Cath

>>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

>> http://tinyurl.com/cttvks
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Shaun.
>>
>> "Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and
>> he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs
texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs
>> texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
>>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

>>> Google is your friend.

>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
>> what's the difference?".

> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
> posted them, are knowlegable, friendly and helpful; it's quicker to
> post here than use google for such matters.
>
> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
> through many websites on google.

Seriously Cath? The answers to your question take a lot less time to Google
than they do people's time in replying. To me that's the touchstone. If it's
easilly Googled but you ask others to explain it to you then you're being
lazy and abusing the kindness of others.

As you don't like tinyURL:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DVD%2BR%2BDVD-R%2BDifference

Or just go to Wiki....

>>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

>> http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

> Tut tut using tinyurl...

OK, here's the non-tinyURL link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=school%2Bholida...BNew%2BZealand

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Jack Spratt

<texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Somewhere on teh intarwebs
>>texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:11:24 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
>>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote: [msge snipped]

>>> Google is your friend.

>>LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
>>the difference?".

> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has posted
> them, are knowlegable,
> friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for such
> matters.
>
> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting through
> many websites on google.

To find out the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?
First page should do it, unless you sufer from comprehension issues.

>>> Is it school hol time again in NZ?

>>http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

> Tut tut using tinyurl...

Yes. Is a good tool to use in case long URLS with querystring data wrap and
dimbulbs like you struggle with the copy and paste concept.
What is your problem with tinyurl Gran?

> Cath

Jack Spratt

<texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:gs6t1i$4tt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

>>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
>>> what's
>>> the difference?".

>>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
>>referring all the Qs to Google.
>>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules
>>suit.
>>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets
>>of
>>those who tire of her dribble?

> Yawn, slow day today eh?
>
> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't
> it as I have been using
> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.

> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.

> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
> from time to time.
>
> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jack Spratt wrote:
> <texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

>>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
>>> what's the difference?".

>> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
>> posted them, are knowlegable,
>> friendly and helpful; it's quicker to post here than use google for
>> such matters.
>>
>> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
>> through many websites on google.

> To find out the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?
> First page should do it, unless you sufer from comprehension issues.

>>> http://tinyurl.com/cttvks

>> Tut tut using tinyurl...

> Yes. Is a good tool to use in case long URLS with querystring data
> wrap and dimbulbs like you struggle with the copy and paste concept.
> What is your problem with tinyurl Gran?

Some distrustful people don't want to risk that someone isn't going to
direct them to a granny-porn site and they've also never heard of
<http://tinyurl.com/preview.php>.
--
Shaun.

Gordon

On 2009-04-18, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs
> texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:16:25 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

>>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R -
>>> what's the difference?".

>> On the whole, the persons who reply to questions, no matter who has
>> posted them, are knowlegable, friendly and helpful; it's quicker to
>> post here than use google for such matters.
>>
>> I don't have the time to spend hours like you for example, sifting
>> through many websites on google.

> Seriously Cath? The answers to your question take a lot less time to Google
> than they do people's time in replying. To me that's the touchstone. If it's
> easilly Googled but you ask others to explain it to you then you're being
> lazy and abusing the kindness of others.

Indeed this is the balance. What is the density of solid rock? Easy.

Cath's question had me lost in the info that is the web. Yes I tried, for
Google knows alot.

> As you don't like tinyURL:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DVD%2BR%2BDVD-R%2BDifference

tinyurl has been so sucessful that http://is.gd has wandered onto the
playing field

Gordon

On 2009-04-18, texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. <texan> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt" <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:gs6t1i$4tt$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs

>>> LOL, says the person who started a thread entitled "DVD-R & DVD+R - what's
>>> the difference?".

>>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
>>referring all the Qs to Google.
>>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules to
>>suit.
>>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets of
>>those who tire of her dribble?

> Yawn, slow day today eh?
>
> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't it as I have been using
> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.
>
> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.
> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen from time to time.
>
> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

Cath, stressed yes? Seems like it to me. ignore fools is always best

Gordon

On 2009-04-18, Jack Spratt <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. > wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 21:47:58 +1200, "Jack Spratt"
>> <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:gs6t1i$4tt$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Exactly! We could turn half the posts in this NG into one liners by
>>>referring all the Qs to Google.
>>>But then Cath, IMO, has always been a septic old hag who picks the rules
>>>suit.
>>>Does she still add/remove dots after "texas" to escape the plonk buckets
>>>of
>>>those who tire of her dribble?

>> Yawn, slow day today eh?
>>
>> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then doesn't
>> it as I have been using
>> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

> I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
> admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.
>
>> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

> old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.
>
>> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
>> from time to time.
>>
>> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

> See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.

Yawn, abuse abounds. Thread near an end

Jack Spratt

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2009-04-18, Jack Spratt <pickledpork@_nospam_gmail.com> wrote:
>><texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom. .> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yawn, slow day today eh?
>>>
>>> Well it looks like you haven't killfiled me in several years then
>>> doesn't
>>> it as I have been using
>>> the same posting handle for quite some time without any changes.

>> I admit it, been a few years since I killfiled you. But I appreciate the
>> admittance that you changed your details in order to escape the bucket.
>>
>>> Stupid old git aren't you if you haven't figured that one out eh.

>> old? that's a bit ageist Gran. Not to mention inaccurate.
>>
>>> The only time it changes if I am out of State which is known to happen
>>> from time to time.
>>>
>>> FFS, get a blardly life ya miserable old git.

>> See you in NZ in 2020 Gran.
>>

> Yawn, abuse abounds. Thread near an end

**** up Shakespeare.
Moas could return to NZ quicker than Cath... it's an ongoing saga.
The "Gran" reference is in retaliation to her continued labeling of me as
old.
She uses it as an insult which not only disrespects the older generation in
this NG but is inaccurate.
I've been telling her that for years but she has comprehension issues.