Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > access denied...dcom server

access denied...dcom server

bri

I am receiving the error below in the error log,
impersonation is set to true, and aspcompat is set to true
as well. I gave launch permissions to the ASP.net user
under the Machine Debug Manager, which didn't help. It
seems to be looking for ASPNET/<server> rather than
<server>/ASPNET. Any help is appreciated.

"""
Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The
server is:
{0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}
The user is ASPNET/...
"""

Bruce Johnson

Did you give permissions to IWAM_machinename or ASPNET?
I suspect that it needs to be ASPNET.

Bruce Johnson
http://www.ObjectSharp.com/Bruce

bri

I gave permission to both, IWAM_machinename was already
set and I added the ASPNET account. I am still getting
the error though. The error message says that the
user "ASPNET/<server>" does not have permission, which is
the reverse of the user account that I gave permission to
("<server>/ASPNET"). Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help with this.