Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copy a music CD

Copy a music CD

Richard

I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and I
want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I have
another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16 songs with
44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this must be a
lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just never did this
before.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:40:53 -0700, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and I
>want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I have
>another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16 songs with
>44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this must be a
>lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just never did this
>before.

You need to Rip the audio from the CD. Take a look at
http://www.freerip.com/
or
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

John Holmes

Richard "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them
> and I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while
> I have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get
> 16 songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I
> know this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old
> man and just never did this before.

Results 1 - 10 of about 16,100,000 for Copy a music CD. (0.29 seconds),
you lazy old ****.

--
Your mother was an irritating taxi-driver who emulated George Michael in
petrol stations.

chuckcar

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ix6Fl.53202$0%(E-Mail Removed):

> I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and
> I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I
> have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16
> songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know
> this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and
> just never did this before.

You have to sample them. Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
for one.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Evan Platt

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:24:04 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You have to sample them.

What???

Just ignore chucktard. He's useless.

Jm

news:ix6Fl.53202$0%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and I
> want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I have
> another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16 songs
> with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know this
> must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and just
> never did this before.

I assume you have Windows Media Player .... and if you do it's quite easy.
Insert your CD into the drive, start Windows Media Player, click on "File"
and then "Copy" .......

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6369/copyfromaudiocd.jpg

Jm

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> You have to sample them. Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
> on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
> for one.

Let's just have a look at how Chuck rates on the old kook-o-meter, shall we

http://rate-Chuck.notlong.com

Tony

*******s! Chuck you're one sick puppy!

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

Desk Rabbit

chuckcar wrote:
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:ix6Fl.53202$0%(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I've never copied a music CD but I have a CD with some songs on them and
>> I want to copy them to my hard drive so I can listen to them while I
>> have another CD that I'm working from. When I open up the CD I get 16
>> songs with 44 bytes each. So how do I copy them to me hard drive. I know
>> this must be a lame questions for you teen agers but I'm an old man and
>> just never did this before.
>>

> You have to sample them.

ROFL!

> Songs on a CD are stored differently than files
> on a data CD. You can't just copy them. There's no file allocation table
> for one.

Well at least that bit is right.