Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth Programming

Bluetooth Programming

Deepika

Hi
I am trying to do bluetooth programming on Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
I am using basic functions like WSALookupServiceBegin().
i wrote the code like this
WSAQUERYSET wsaq;
wsaq.dwNameSpace = NS_BTH;

The problem is, the compiler is not recognising NS_BTH and giving compile
time error.
I included the following sets of headers and lib

#include <winsock>
#include <winsock2>
#include <bthdef>
#include <BluetoothAPIs.h>
#include <Ws2bth.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib")

The same goes with socket creation.
Even if i am trying to create socket using the below code

SOCKET client_socket = socket (AF_BT, SOCK_STREAM, BTHPROTO_RFCOMM);

following error are coming up

error C2065: 'NS_BTH' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'AF_BT' : undeclared identifier
error C2065: 'BTHPROTO_RFCOMM' : undeclared identifier

I ahve included Platform SDK also and i have windows xp sp2
i am not able to understand what else needs to be included.
Is it because of Microsoft stack or some SDK is required?

smlunatick

On Apr 14, 1:43*pm, Deepika <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> *Hi
> *I am trying to do bluetooth programming on Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
> *I am using basic functions like WSALookupServiceBegin().
> *i wrote the code like this
> *WSAQUERYSET wsaq;
> *wsaq.dwNameSpace = NS_BTH;
>
> *The problem is, the compiler is not recognising NS_BTH and giving compile
> *time error.
> I included the following sets of headers and lib
>
> *#include <winsock>
> *#include <winsock2>
> *#include <bthdef>
> *#include <BluetoothAPIs.h>
> *#include <Ws2bth.h>
> *#pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib")
>
> The same goes with socket creation.
> *Even if i am trying to create socket using the below code
>
> *SOCKET client_socket = socket (AF_BT, SOCK_STREAM, BTHPROTO_RFCOMM);
>
> *following error are coming up
>
> *error C2065: 'NS_BTH' : undeclared identifier
> *error C2065: 'AF_BT' : undeclared identifier
> *error C2065: 'BTHPROTO_RFCOMM' : undeclared identifier
>
> I ahve included Platform SDK also and i have windows xp sp2
> i am not able to understand what else needs to be included.
> Is it because of Microsoft stack or some SDK is required?

There are several versions of a Bluetooth protocol stack. Several of
these stacks are:

Microsoft Windows Bluetooth (starting with SP2)
Bluesoleil
Widcomm / Broadcom
Toshiba

I am sure the are other version. Each have different features and
Microsoft might still have not WHQL certified any Bluetooth.

Deepika

Actually i got installed latest platform SDk with which my program got
compiled but i require some information.
There are some blutooth API like BluetoothFindFirstDevice Function() and
BluetoothFindFirstRadio() and many others which are deifned in Platform SDK
for windows SP2. But there are some API's like BluetoothSdpGetElementData()
and BluetoothSdpEnumAttributes() and related functions whose definition is
although present in the header file but the required library "Bthprops.lib"
is not available. it is available in windows vista SDK.
I still do not have access to it.
My doubt is that if we install windows vista SDK, will it cover everything
defined in windows xpSP2 SDK.

Also another thing. As you said there are various Bluetooth protocol stack.
Basically i have to interact with the bluetooth device and send/ receive
files. Can you please suggest which one can be the best for doing the related
bluetooth programming?

"smlunatick" wrote:

> On Apr 14, 1:43 pm, Deepika <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am trying to do bluetooth programming on Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
> > I am using basic functions like WSALookupServiceBegin().
> > i wrote the code like this
> > WSAQUERYSET wsaq;
> > wsaq.dwNameSpace = NS_BTH;
> >
> > The problem is, the compiler is not recognising NS_BTH and giving compile
> > time error.
> > I included the following sets of headers and lib
> >
> > #include <winsock>
> > #include <winsock2>
> > #include <bthdef>
> > #include <BluetoothAPIs.h>
> > #include <Ws2bth.h>
> > #pragma comment(lib, "ws2_32.lib")
> >
> > The same goes with socket creation.
> > Even if i am trying to create socket using the below code
> >
> > SOCKET client_socket = socket (AF_BT, SOCK_STREAM, BTHPROTO_RFCOMM);
> >
> > following error are coming up
> >
> > error C2065: 'NS_BTH' : undeclared identifier
> > error C2065: 'AF_BT' : undeclared identifier
> > error C2065: 'BTHPROTO_RFCOMM' : undeclared identifier
> >
> > I ahve included Platform SDK also and i have windows xp sp2
> > i am not able to understand what else needs to be included.
> > Is it because of Microsoft stack or some SDK is required?

> There are several versions of a Bluetooth protocol stack. Several of
> these stacks are:
>
> Microsoft Windows Bluetooth (starting with SP2)
> Bluesoleil
> Widcomm / Broadcom
> Toshiba
>
> I am sure the are other version. Each have different features and
> Microsoft might still have not WHQL certified any Bluetooth.

Pavel A.

If you need to transfer files, maybe the best way is to use
high level app protocols such as object exchange (obex),
rather than dive into socket level programing.

About MSDN and 3rd party stacks... how about doing a little
research, or asking your teachers in the school.

Regards,
-- pa