Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp:hyperlink in EditItemTemplate

asp:hyperlink in EditItemTemplate

Kevin Quigley

Hi,

I have a datalist which has an EditItemTemplate section, within this I
have a hyperlink control with which I want to open a new window with
some help details.

This is the hyperlink code:
<asp:HyperLink Runat="server" NavigateUrl="Help.htm"></asp:HyperLink>

The problem is that when the link is clicked, nothing happens.

I know it has something to do with the control being in the
edititemtemplate section but I don't know to fix it.

I could have a link elsewhere in the page but I want the links to appear
next to the relevant fields so the help displayed is on the required
field only.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.