Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > How to remove viruses from computer without using anti-virus CDs and software?

How to remove viruses from computer without using anti-virus CDs and software?

dealrocker dealrocker is offline
Junior Member
Location: California

My office computer keeps on hanging every now and then. It seems like that it has been infected with some virus or Trojan horses. I do not have an Internet connection on my PC, nor have I purchased any anti-virus CD or software.
Is there any way in Windows XP by which I can just try out to find existence of some malicious codes in the machine?

lifetweaker lifetweaker is offline
Junior Member

Your computer has a built in malicious removal tool located in my computer > c drive (or whatever drive you installed windows in) > windows > system 32 > mrt