Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Microphone not working?

Re: Microphone not working?

PeeCee

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> New Toshiba A300-1E7 laptop, Vista Business, Realtek audio.
> Connected to large screen TV and hi-fi to use for karaoke.
> Problem is that an external mic won't work, have tried 3 different ones.
> Realtek drivers pre-installed only showed the internal mic, no other
> present.
> Downloaded and installed newer audio drivers from Toshiba, now it shows
> both
> internal and external (front 3.5mm jack) but it still won't work.
> Have checked that correct mic is selected/enabled and that it's not muted
> or turned down.
> Have used similar setup for karaoke going way back to Win 98, much lower
> specs and no problems at all.
> Don't have an audio mixer panel like XP and have to dig deep for mic
> settings, also cannot change voice effects.
> Was bought from E-buyer, I have requested an RMA but have to phone them
> first.
> I also had big problems at the start with wi-fi, no drivers were installed
> and it took quite a while to find the right ones.
> Don't know if this is Vista, audio drivers or just a crappy soundcard and
> am
> also wondering what other problems will arise when I start using things
> wike
> Firewire, Bluetooth, HDMI etc.
> This is not a cheap laptop, could have got one for less than half the
> price
> which would have worked with karaoke.
> Replies appreciated.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

Kenny

Sounds like you have checked quite a few things to no avail.
Have you checked out Control Panel , Sound ?
If no joy there as it's a new machine you should refer back to the
suppliers.

Best
Paul.