Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > FTP Client within ASP.NET

FTP Client within ASP.NET

Jason Cochran

Hello All!

Is there any possible way to create a simple ftp client
within asp.net? I need to be able to download a
compressed file, uncompress it, and import the data into
sql server. I was going to use DTS to schedule the
download and then import the data. But I need a way to
download the file and uncompress it on the fly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason Cochran
Visionary Web Services, L.L.C.
(432)694-4182

General Protection Fault

Have DTS download the file. There's a DTS task for that. Install
ActivePerl from www.activestate.com and use a scripting task to
decompress it.

Jason Cochran wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> Is there any possible way to create a simple ftp client
> within asp.net? I need to be able to download a
> compressed file, uncompress it, and import the data into
> sql server. I was going to use DTS to schedule the
> download and then import the data. But I need a way to
> download the file and uncompress it on the fly.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason Cochran
> Visionary Web Services, L.L.C.
> (E-Mail Removed)
> (432)694-4182

Jason Cochran

I appreciate your help. Do you have any sample code or
links to websites that have used activex or activeperl to
uncompress a file?

Thanks.