Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: ISP data retention

Re: ISP data retention

Chopped Liver

remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
> I heard (true or not) that some ISP's keep online activity for up to
> two years.
> If that is the case, it will include all purchases etc, passwords and
> credit card and bank details.
> Who would be privvy to that information?????

Uh-oh ! - who's been viewing kiddie-porn ?

Chopped Liver

remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
> Chopped Liver wrote:
>> remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
>>> I heard (true or not) that some ISP's keep online activity for up to
>>> two years.
>>> If that is the case, it will include all purchases etc, passwords
>>> and credit card and bank details.
>>> Who would be privvy to that information?????

>> Uh-oh ! - who's been viewing kiddie-porn ?
>>

> Idiot, it was a serious question, I purchase food, gifts, cards tons
> of ebay transactions.

Why on Earth would that worry you enough to post on a NG ?

Chopped Liver

remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
> Chopped Liver wrote:
>> remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
>>>>

>>> Idiot, it was a serious question, I purchase food, gifts, cards tons
>>> of ebay transactions.

>> Why on Earth would that worry you enough to post on a NG ?
>>

> Because it would affect everyone, how much more data do people want to
> keep on us, It's like living in an open prison.

Maybe you can explain HOW it imprisons us ?

It's the same old story - only the guilty have something to hide.
You're falling into the fallacious trap of believing that because you can be
seen, you're being watched.
This mindset is the general preserve of paranoid delusionals.
Don't sweat it - the world isn't out to get you.
It'd be all you could manage even to get it to pay you any attention.
Relax and enjoy life a bit.

Chopped Liver

remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:
> Chopped Liver wrote:
>> remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:

>>> Because it would affect everyone, how much more data do people want
>>> to keep on us, It's like living in an open prison.

>> Maybe you can explain HOW it imprisons us ?
>>
>> It's the same old story - only the guilty have something to hide.
>> You're falling into the fallacious trap of believing that because
>> you can be seen, you're being watched.
>> This mindset is the general preserve of paranoid delusionals.
>> Don't sweat it - the world isn't out to get you.
>> It'd be all you could manage even to get it to pay you any attention.
>> Relax and enjoy life a bit.
>>

> Iv'e already had my bank card cloned twice, polce rang me up and
> imformed me. one was at a petrol station. the other bank machine, it
> does happen. Maybe you have been lucky

Maybe I pay for stuff in cash.

But regardless, what's that got to do with online data ?

hwf

remove wrote:
> Chopped Liver wrote:
>> remove" <"welsh(remove)wizard29 wrote:

>>> Because it would affect everyone, how much more data do people want to
>>> keep on us, It's like living in an open prison.

>> Maybe you can explain HOW it imprisons us ?
>>
>> It's the same old story - only the guilty have something to hide.
>> You're falling into the fallacious trap of believing that because you
>> can be seen, you're being watched.
>> This mindset is the general preserve of paranoid delusionals.
>> Don't sweat it - the world isn't out to get you.
>> It'd be all you could manage even to get it to pay you any attention.
>> Relax and enjoy life a bit.
>>

> Iv'e already had my bank card cloned twice, polce rang me up and
> imformed me. one was at a petrol station. the other bank machine, it
> does happen. Maybe you have been lucky

I'm not rich enough or dumb enough to do my banking online, mate.
I'd suggest you encrypt your hdd and be done with it.
www.truecrypt.org

HTH

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org