Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Persistent information...

Persistent information...

Paul M

Hi folks,

Am new to asp.net and I'm trying to find out how to keep persistent
information.

The main thing I need to do is carry round an encrypted connection string
for my database, but there are likelly to be other 'system' scoped data that
I'll need (database roles come to mind).

I've looked at the web.config file, but that only allows a static connection
string. I'm using forms authentication with a mixed mode SQL 2K server.

Cheers...P

Marc

You can use either Application variables, which exist for all users
for a web application, or Session variables, which exist for a
particular user session.

To use,

Application("MyApplicationVariable") = "Hello World"
or
Session("MySessionVariable")=123.45

news:(E-Mail Removed)...