Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't access settings for client in wireless network

Can't access settings for client in wireless network

Oliver Costich

Client is XP Pro SP3. Router Linksys WRT54G. I an trying to access the
security and authentification settings. I can do it on my other
systems but using the usual method doesn't work, From MS:

1) Open Network Connections.

2) For a wireless connection, do the following:
Click the wireless connection, and then, under Network Tasks, click
Change settings of this connection. On the Wireless Networks tab,
click a wireless network in the list, and then click Properties.

And that's as far as I can get because "change settings of this
connection" isn't there.

Where did it go and how do I get it back?

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
What exactly you what to change?
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"Oliver Costich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Client is XP Pro SP3. Router Linksys WRT54G. I an trying to access the
> security and authentification settings. I can do it on my other
> systems but using the usual method doesn't work, From MS:
>
> 1) Open Network Connections.
>
> 2) For a wireless connection, do the following:
> Click the wireless connection, and then, under Network Tasks, click
> Change settings of this connection. On the Wireless Networks tab,
> click a wireless network in the list, and then click Properties.
>
> And that's as far as I can get because "change settings of this
> connection" isn't there.
>
> Where did it go and how do I get it back?

smlunatick

On Apr 12, 8:59*am, Oliver Costich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Client is XP Pro SP3. Router Linksys WRT54G. I an trying to access the
> security and authentification settings. I can do it on my other
> systems but using the usual method doesn't work, From MS:
>
> 1) Open Network Connections.
>
> 2) For a wireless connection, do the following:
> Click the wireless connection, and then, under Network Tasks, click
> Change settings of this connection. On the Wireless Networks tab,
> click a wireless network in the list, and then click Properties.
>
> And that's as far as I can get because "change settings of this
> connection" isn't there.
>
> Where did it go and how do I get it back?

It seems that you are trying to access the properties settings in a
non-administrator type account. Limited user type accounts would
normally "block" access to these settings.