Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computer won't detect wireless networks.

Computer won't detect wireless networks.

Dagen

Ever since last Wednesday, my laptop hasn't been able to detect wireless
networks. When I click on "view available wireless networks" it tells me that
it can't configure the wireless connection, and to run "Windows Zero
Configuration". When I am trying to activate the WZC service it fails and I'm
prompted with an error message #1068.

The wireless card is an "Atheros AR928x Wireless Network Adaptor and the OS
is Windows XP SP3. The laptop is only 2 months old.

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

Make sure the wireless switch in on. Many laptop has a switch or button to
turn on/off the wireless. Check that first.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Dagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since last Wednesday, my laptop hasn't been able to detect wireless
> networks. When I click on "view available wireless networks" it tells me
> that
> it can't configure the wireless connection, and to run "Windows Zero
> Configuration". When I am trying to activate the WZC service it fails and
> I'm
> prompted with an error message #1068.
>
> The wireless card is an "Atheros AR928x Wireless Network Adaptor and the
> OS
> is Windows XP SP3. The laptop is only 2 months old.

Himanshu Dogra

Hi..

if the wireless switch is on....and then also if it is not detecting any
network, you should follow the follow the following steps.
There Wireless zero configuration service runs with the help of other
dependency services and if anyone of the dependent service is off then also u
can face same issue..
So try the following article, cheers...!!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328/en-us

Regards

Himanshu Dogra
B.Engg, GCB, DBA, MISM (Australia)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)