Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?

How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chuckcar wrote:

> Another meaningless sentence: The server doesn't care whar you use for
> email,

The mail server doesn't care, but the web pages that feed it sure do.
Chuckbutt, don't you understand what *web* mail is?

> so long as you set it up correctly.

There is nothing to set up. You go to the web page, and type your email
ID and password in the two little fields and click the Login button.

> Going to *their* help would be a pretty obvious idea you apparently
> missed.

Yeah, like Yahoo even knows the Opera browsr exists...

> Hardly going to happen if you can't write a message where the subject
> has anything to do with the body.

"How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?"
"is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?"

Since I have more than one working synapse, I was easily able to
comprehend the question.

--
-bts

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> I got this error message:

>> what operating system are you using and what servers are you using for
>> pop and smtp with yahoo?

One question doesn't matter (OS), the others you wouldn't know what to
do with.

Seen you actually get answers for this type of drool, and it was just
a waste of the OP's time.

Google - define:drool
baloney: pretentious or silly talk or writing
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=drool
--

Need a free program
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

zvnteq7

hwf wrote:
> zvnteq7 wrote:
>> Evan Platt wrote:

>>> O....M......F........G..........
>>>
>>> That seriously has to be the stupidest answer I've EVER heard.
>>>
>>> I wouldn't even expect that level of stupidity from a high school
>>> dropout.
>>> Using Google Groups.
>>> On AOL.
>>> After having a lobotomy.

>> and ECT treatment, on LSD, drunk, and on massive amounts of Ambien but
>> staying awake deliberately

> ****ing hilarious coming from a git that replaced his computer because
> his CD stopped working.
>
> BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> Nice reacharound, btw.

Well they gave me a Dell (the dud) when I had ordered online a compaq
with Best Buy, it was a blessing in disquise as I was able to bring it
back and get the PC I originally wanted. Oh and my CDs work JUST FINE,
it was the DVD-ROM that was a dud... you do understand the difference

zvnteq7

hwf wrote:
> zvnteq7 wrote:
>> I got this error message:
>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>>
>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> You gormless ****nuckle, you can use the classic interface without any
> problems in yahoos webmail login.
>
> Duh.

I DON"T LIKE THE ORIGINAL YAHOO MAIL , I PREFER THE MAIL PREVIEW PANEL
as opposed to taking more time with the classic. ****!

zvnteq7

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> zvnteq7 wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> Google is your friend.
>>> http://www.davidtan.org/how-to-chang...-agent-string/

>> Google is usually my friend too, but he was hungover and on LSD today
>> cause he wouldn't give ME any good links for help, fortunately you
>> came along and saved the day

> I do believe the above page was the fourth link for:
> opera change user agent string
>
>> GOD Bless you my child...

> Well, since it will be Easter in a few minutes, I'll let you get away
> with that one...

Well, I tried to spoof at number 4 in the opera:config and it didn't
work **** it I'm going back to Seamonkey, FF, anything that works,
HEY ! MAYBE IE8~ :/

zvnteq7

hwf wrote:
> zvnteq7 wrote:
>> I got this error message:
>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>>
>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> You gormless ****nuckle, you can use the classic interface without any
> problems in yahoos webmail login.
>
> Duh.

Oh ****, now I find that hotmail doesn't work with Opera, impossible to
delete a message.

Ayyyyyy!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zvnteq7 wrote:

> Well, I tried to spoof at number 4 in the opera:config and it didn't
> work **** it I'm going back to Seamonkey, FF, anything that works,
> HEY ! MAYBE IE8~ :/

Well, ya know what? I just activated a yahoo email account. With Opera.
Logged in to mail.yahoo.com. Sent a mail to my regular address. It
works. Sent one back. I can read it with Opera.
(Opera/9.64 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.1.1)

No spoofing, either.

--
-bts

chuckcar

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:grtrch$622$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Another meaningless sentence: The server doesn't care whar you use for
>> email,

> The mail server doesn't care, but the web pages that feed it sure do.
> Chuckbutt, don't you understand what *web* mail is?

Of course I know. I have two of them - Gmail which does pop and hotmail
which doesn't. FF or Opera (or whatever software package he cares to add
next) is irrelevant without consistant details.

>> so long as you set it up correctly.

> There is nothing to set up. You go to the web page, and type your email
> ID and password in the two little fields and click the Login button.

And you can choose to do it with an email client. Something fairly
blantantly pointed to by the error message: server not found don't you
think? from *your* own message FCS:

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chuckcar wrote:

>>> Another meaningless sentence: The server doesn't care whar you use
>>> for email,

>> The mail server doesn't care, but the web pages that feed it sure
>> do. Chuckbutt, don't you understand what *web* mail is?
>>

> Of course I know. I have two of them - Gmail which does pop and
> hotmail which doesn't. FF or Opera (or whatever software package he
> cares to add next) is irrelevant without consistant details.

He is using the Opera browser to access the Yahoo webmail page. It's
that simple.

>>> so long as you set it up correctly.

>> There is nothing to set up. You go to the web page, and type your
>> email ID and password in the two little fields and click the Login
>> button.
>>

> And you can choose to do it with an email client. Something fairly
> blantantly pointed to by the error message: server not found don't
> you think? from *your* own message FCS:

You're referring to this:
> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked

"502 - Cannot find server or DNS Error"

If you had any smarts, you would have tried to click on the link. What
do you get? The error message is what *I* got when looking at the
"browser=blocked" link. Don't you think "browser=blocked" is rather
self-explanatory? Yahoo is blocking his frigging browser!

For some unknown reason .. probably one needs to be logged in to Yahoo
... that link is unavailable, and probably can't be accessed unless you
actually have a browser rejected.

Do also recall that he implies he can get to Yahoo webmail using
Firefox, a different browser.

Please activate at least one more synapse before replying.

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 02:44:52 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Of course I know.

No, you don't. Full stop.