Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?

How to use Yahoo! Mail with Opera?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Evan Platt wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
> [to chuckie]
>> Please activate your other synapse before replying.

> You're insinuating that chucktard has more than one synapse.
>
> I doubt he even has half one - hence the "nil" in his 'e-mail'
> address.

You could be right. I usually try to see the best in people, though
from his latest post, it becomes ever so more difficult in his case...

--
-bts

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I got this error message:
>http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>
>is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>
>Thanks in advance

Yes,Opera has always had the ability to change it's Browser User Agent
Strings, meaning you can have it come across as FF, or IE

http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/change-ua.html

I still use Opera 9.26 I use this approach (it used to be much
easier):

"use Tools->Quick Preferences->Edit Site Preferences->Select Network
Tab->Use Browser Identification combo box"

--

The Difference of Love [pic]
http://g.virbcdn.com/i/resize_575x57...enceofLove.jpg

John Holmes

chuckcar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I got this error message:
>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>>
>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
> properly at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are
> you trying to do, what operating system are you using and what servers
> are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species
as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformaty. I barf at the very
thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you.
You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the
dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

--
Your mother was a geeky zombie who rode horses bareback on drugs.

freemont

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000, chuckcar writ:

> what servers are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?

Christ on a bike.

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

Whiskers

On 2009-04-11, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I got this error message:
> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>
> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>
> Thanks in advance

I can use the Yahoo webmail with Opera, even without 'spoofing'. But the
Yahoo interface seems to be very ... quirky. So I try not to go there if
I can avoid it.

Try posting in the newsgroup opera.general - it's on the free public
news-server called news.opera.com if your usual news-server doesn't carry
it.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

hwf

zvnteq7 wrote:
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:07:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
>>> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
>>> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
>>> properly
>>> at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are you
>>> trying to
>>> do, what operating system are you using and what servers are you
>>> using for
>>> pop and smtp with yahoo?

>> O....M......F........G..........
>>
>> That seriously has to be the stupidest answer I've EVER heard.
>>
>> I wouldn't even expect that level of stupidity from a high school
>> dropout.
>> Using Google Groups.
>> On AOL.
>> After having a lobotomy.

> and ECT treatment, on LSD, drunk, and on massive amounts of Ambien but
> staying awake deliberately

****ing hilarious coming from a git that replaced his computer because
his CD stopped working.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nice reacharound, btw.

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org
________ ______ _____________

hwf

zvnteq7 wrote:
> I got this error message:
> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>
> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>
> Thanks in advance

You gormless ****nuckle, you can use the classic interface without any
problems in yahoos webmail login.

Duh.

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org
________ ______ _____________

hwf

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2009-04-11, zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I got this error message:
>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>>
>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> I can use the Yahoo webmail with Opera, even without 'spoofing'. But the
> Yahoo interface seems to be very ... quirky. So I try not to go there if
> I can avoid it.

HooYah would always burp if I tried their "new" "improved" wbmail login
page....*despite* spoofing with User Agent SWitcher in FF so I said
****it and now login thru the "classic mode" page...Easy Peasy.

> Try posting in the newsgroup opera.general - it's on the free public
> news-server called news.opera.com if your usual news-server doesn't carry
> it.

Dont confuse the little git...heh...too late.

--
http://www.eyeonpalin.org
________ ______ _____________

chuckcar

zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:grrn6n$o0b$(E-Mail Removed):

> chuckcar wrote:
>> zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:grr9qj$89s$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I got this error message:
>>> http://us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/dc/syst...rowser=blocked
>>>
>>> is there a way to spoof yahoo mail into thinking it's FF?

Another meaningless sentence: The server doesn't care whar you use for
email, so long as you set it up correctly. Going to *their* help would be
a pretty obvious idea you apparently missed.

>> The problem isn't yahoo. The problem is one of a) (one of the) mail
>> server(s) you entered into firefox(?) doesn't exist on the internet b)
>> Whoever handles DNS and routing for your IP address isn't working
>> properly at the moment (most likely your ISP). Now what *exactly* are
>> you trying to do, what operating system are you using and what servers
>> are you using for pop and smtp with yahoo?
>>

> I'm trying to take over the world, OS: I'm using a VAX-MS, Sinclair1000
> and a Vic20 all networked together to make a supercomputer

Hardly going to happen if you can't write a message where the subject has
anything to do with the body.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

zvnteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Now what *exactly* are you trying to
>> do

>I'm trying to take over the world, OS: I'm using a VAX-MS, Sinclair1000
>and a Vic20 all networked together to make a supercomputer

The cooling system must be huge!