Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Freeview HD TV - Aerial question

Re: Freeview HD TV - Aerial question

greg

Corky wrote:
> Hello
>
> I currently have Sky TV in one of my lounge rooms and a splitter
> running into a second lounge into a Hills box to view Freeview on. I
> am thinking of buying a new TV set with Freeview HD installed.
>
> The question is can I still run the Freeview through the current
> system (all from Sky dish) or will I need to get a UHF aerial
> installed and run the Freeview directly from the UHF aerial.
>
> Thanks for any help.

You will need a uhf aerial, and maybe a signal booster depending on the
strength of the signal, as the freview HD is a terrestrial transmitter
not a satellite transmitter (DVB-T vs DVB-S).

Greg

Woger

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:15:34 +1200, greg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Corky wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I currently have Sky TV in one of my lounge rooms and a splitter
>> running into a second lounge into a Hills box to view Freeview on. I
>> am thinking of buying a new TV set with Freeview HD installed.
>>
>> The question is can I still run the Freeview through the current
>> system (all from Sky dish) or will I need to get a UHF aerial
>> installed and run the Freeview directly from the UHF aerial.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>

>You will need a uhf aerial, and maybe a signal booster depending on the
>strength of the signal, as the freview HD is a terrestrial transmitter
>not a satellite transmitter (DVB-T vs DVB-S).
>
>Greg

I was warned by my old Boss that you can get problems if you boost a DVB-T to
much, my booster (Kingray) has 2 pots to adj the gain on the TV1-III and
UHF.