Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server Application unavailable Error

Server Application unavailable Error

Umair Ahmed

Hi,

I m developing a web application on Win2k platform and
deploying the application on Win2k platform. I didnt get
any error on the development machine but when i deployed
to any machine on wch only .NET framework 1.o is
installed it gives the following error

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this
web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
of this specific request failure can be found in the
system event log of the web server. Please review this
log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

When I looked into the event viewer i found these details

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.0.3705.288
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 12/2/2003
Time: 10:38:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NAVAID
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 280) stopped unexpectedly.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 12/2/2003
Time: 10:38:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NAVAID
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET
Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not
have the necessary registry information or message DLL
files to display messages from a remote computer. The
following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime
version 1.0.3705.288- aspnet_wp.exe - Common Language
Runtime Debugging Services: Application has encountered a
user-defined breakpoint.

Process id=0x118 (280), Thread id=0x51c (130.

Click ABORT to terminate the application.
Click RETRY to debug the application.
Click IGNORE to ignore the breakpoint..

One thing tht i have noticed is that when I run this
application on any machine on wch Visual Studio .NET is
installed it doesn't gives error there but if I run it on
the machine on which only .NET framework is installed
this error arises.

Any idea????

zmbharmal zmbharmal is offline
Junior Member