Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Securing ASP.NET Applications

Securing ASP.NET Applications

Brian Kent

Hi guys,

Two days ago, we put up an article about ASP.NET security- about
recent
attacks and other common risks. I was wondering if anyone had
knowledge of other ASP.NET attacks that compromised data or the
application. Or have you personally dealt with a security breach and
would you mind sharing a bit about the experience? (We're thinking
about writing another article that looks at a few more real
experiences.) Thanks!

-------

The movie “Hackers” (1995) was spot-on (in being ridiculous.) But
security issues are very real to the companies who have to face the
fall-out from the compromise of their customer’s privacy.

This week’s article takes a look at two recent attacks on web
applications and how they were perpetrated. Then we dive head first
into a litany of different potential security holes and more
importantly, how to plug them in ASP.NET.

Securing ASP.NET Applications
http://www.novologies.com/post/2009/...lications.aspx

Alexey Smirnov

On 10 Apr., 21:20, Brian Kent <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Two days ago, we put up an article about ASP.NET security- about
> recent
> attacks and other common risks. I was wondering if anyone had
> knowledge of other ASP.NET attacks that compromised data or the
> application. Or have you personally dealt with a security breach and
> would you mind sharing a bit about the experience? (We're thinking
> about writing another article that looks at a few more real
> experiences.) Thanks!
>
> -------
>
> The movie “Hackers” (1995) was spot-on (in being ridiculous.) But
> security issues are very real to the companies who have to face the
> fall-out from the compromise of their customer’s privacy.
>
> This week’s article takes a look at two recent attacks on web
> applications and how they were perpetrated. Then we dive head first
> into a litany of different potential security holes and more
> importantly, how to plug them in ASP.NET.
>
> Securing ASP.NET Applicationshttp://www.novologies.com/post/2009/04/08/Securing-ASPNET-Application...

You can find a lot in google about how to secure IIS. I think this
might be mentioned too because some of the "hacks" could be because of
wrong configuration of IIS.