Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > GET request in Google

Reply
Thread Tools

GET request in Google

 
 
Riccardo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2009
I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
Google site the string
"squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:

Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)

I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
has 2 different contents if I compare
Firefox vs IE browsers


Firefox 3.0.8

GET
http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source..._WDonYPA7rULXQ
HTTP/1.1\r\n


IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3

GET
http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&source...K7pGCTl-8xPvMA
HTTP/1.1\r\n


I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
these questions:

1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?
2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?
3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
same ?
4- Can someone explain me meaning of parameters (divided by "&"
symbol) which are passed to GET ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2009
Riccardo wrote:
> I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
> Google site the string
> "squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:
>
> Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)
>
> I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
> has 2 different contents if I compare
> Firefox vs IE browsers
>
>
> Firefox 3.0.8
>
> GET
> http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source..._WDonYPA7rULXQ
> HTTP/1.1\r\n
>
>
> IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3
>
> GET
> http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&source...K7pGCTl-8xPvMA
> HTTP/1.1\r\n
>
>
> I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
> these questions:
>
> 1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
> of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?


Google likes to count how many times one of its lines is used. This is to do
with page rank.

> 2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?


Ask google.

> 3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
> same ?


Ask google.

> 4- Can someone explain me meaning of parameters (divided by "&"
> symbol) which are passed to GET ?


Ask google.

--
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Riccardo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2009
On 11 Apr, 00:28, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Riccardo wrote:
> > I did test ( by Firefox 3.0.8 and IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3) typing on
> > Google site the string
> > "squid cache" and I took the first link shown on result page as test:

>
> > Squid Web Proxy Cache (www.squid-cache.org)

>
> > I captured traffic before clicking on link and I noted the first GET
> > has 2 different contents if I compare
> > Firefox vs IE browsers

>
> > Firefox 3.0.8

>
> > GET
> >http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source...ttp%3A%2F%2Fww...
> > HTTP/1.1\r\n

>
> > IE 6.0.2900.5512 sp3

>
> > GET
> >http://www.google.it/url?sa=T&source...ttp%3A%2F%2Fww...
> > HTTP/1.1\r\n

>
> > I should be very happy if someone could give me explanations about
> > these questions:

>
> > 1- Why doesn't GET ask immediately "www.squid-cache.org" page instead
> > of direct attention to "www.google.it" ?

>
> Google likes to count how many times one of its lines is used. This is to do
> with page rank.
>
> > 2- Why does Firefox GET content is longer than IE GET content ?

>
> Ask google.
>
> > 3- Why both GET contents are so different if site request is the
> > same ?

>
> Ask google.
>
> > 4- Can someone explain me meaning of parameters (divided by "&"
> > symbol) which are passed to GET ?

>
> Ask google.
>
> --
> Richard.


but google gives me it ?!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Request.Cookies.Get[] VS Request.Cookies mhshpk ASP .Net 0 07-18-2007 05:44 PM
Firefox google search bar searches google.de Abso Firefox 3 01-06-2005 10:55 PM
Re: Accessing Request.InputStream / Request.BinaryRead *as the request is occuring*: How??? Brian Birtle ASP .Net 2 10-16-2003 02:11 PM
best way to get data: request.form, request.params, controlname.value Christian H ASP .Net 1 07-29-2003 05:27 AM



Advertisments