Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thunderbird E-Mail

Thunderbird E-Mail

Tom

I use the E-mail from Mozzilla thunderbird I have noticed when I scan there
are many virus under only in thunderbird. They all get quarantined, but
when I check out those viruses it says unknown and some of them go back to
2005 2001 and etc. Is this just something that the anti virus program
does not know it is not a virus and it feels it is a virus and then
quarantine them. Most of the virus are called the same name Phishbank.blt
ot . bls Thanks to all

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Tom wrote:

> I use the E-mail from Mozzilla [sic] thunderbird I have noticed when I
> scan there are many virus under only in thunderbird. They all get
> quarantined, but when I check out those viruses it says unknown and
> some of them go back to 2005 2001 and etc. Is this just something
> that the anti virus program does not know it is not a virus and it
> feels it is a virus and then quarantine them. Most of the virus are
> called the same name Phishbank.blt ot . bls Thanks to all

Google reports that "phishbank.blt/bls/bly" are phishing scam emails.
They are not viruses. It's "social engineering" attempting to get you to
divulge account numbers and passwords to criminals with look-alike web
sites. You should simply delete them when they arrive. Be sure to purge
your Trash folders, then compact them.

This is a case by your anti-virus program of .. well .. Chicken Little.

Don't ever click on a link that says it's for your bank. If you would
stop reading email in HTML, you would see the links do NOT go to the
bank in question.

--
-bts

doS

Try system restore

news:grm50q$3g9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom wrote:
>
>> I use the E-mail from Mozzilla [sic] thunderbird I have noticed when I
>> scan there are many virus under only in thunderbird. They all get
>> quarantined, but when I check out those viruses it says unknown and
>> some of them go back to 2005 2001 and etc. Is this just something
>> that the anti virus program does not know it is not a virus and it
>> feels it is a virus and then quarantine them. Most of the virus are
>> called the same name Phishbank.blt ot . bls Thanks to all

> Google reports that "phishbank.blt/bls/bly" are phishing scam emails.
> They are not viruses. It's "social engineering" attempting to get you to
> divulge account numbers and passwords to criminals with look-alike web
> sites. You should simply delete them when they arrive. Be sure to purge
> your Trash folders, then compact them.
>
> This is a case by your anti-virus program of .. well .. Chicken Little.
>
> Don't ever click on a link that says it's for your bank. If you would
> stop reading email in HTML, you would see the links do NOT go to the
> bank in question.
>
> --
> -bts
> -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

doS wrote:

> Try system restore

Won't help. The problem is stored email messages with links to phishing
sites.

--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 22:19:13 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam blocking.
>Which is one reason why I still prefer mail.usa.com.
>I rarely see any spam.

WTF does the OP's question have to do with spam?

>And for those who say your bank does not send out email, is bullshit.
>If you should happen to get one that appears to be from your bank, and
>they ask for account details, ya gots to ask why they want that when
>they already have it.

Your bank WILL send you notices, but never ask for account details.

Please destroy your computer.

thanatoid

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

<SNIP>

> Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam
> blocking. Which is one reason why I still prefer
> mail.usa.com. I rarely see any spam.
>
> If you'd prefer a service that let's you use

"let is you use?"

Sigh.

> your email
> client, then try www.newsguy.com I get practically no spam
> there.
>
> And for those who say your bank does not send out email, is
> bullshit. If you should happen to get one that appears to
> be from your bank, and they ask for account details, ya
> gots to ask why they want that when they already have it.

Most people are /very/ clueless. That's why phishing works.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> Obviously your service has nothing in the way of spam blocking.

According to their web site, they do. It is called "SpamScrub."

<shrug>
--
-bts

Evan Platt

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:26:38 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>According to their web site, they do. It is called "SpamScrub."
>
><shrug>

They don't call him Stoopid for nothing..

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments