Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Browser says client-side validation function is undefined

Browser says client-side validation function is undefined

Nathan Sokalski

I am writing a validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class), and
am including the evaluationfunction attribute to specify the client-side
JavaScript validation function. I have successfully done all of these things
before, with no problems. However, when I go to my test page, it gives me
the following error:

Error: 'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is undefined

If I do a view source, I can see the JavaScript function included in the
idea as to why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Alexey Smirnov

On 10 Apr., 01:29, "Nathan Sokalski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am writing a validator (by inheriting from the BaseValidator class), and
> am including the evaluationfunction attribute to specify the client-side
> JavaScript validation function. I have successfully done all of these things
> before, with no problems. However, when I go to my test page, it gives me
> the following error:
>
> Error: * *'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is undefined
>
> If I do a view source, I can see the JavaScript function included in the
> idea as to why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> (E-Mail Removed)://www.nathansokalski.com/

Hi Nathan,

if 'MinMaxSelectedValidatorIsValid' is a name of js function and it is
included in the page, then maybe it cannot be found from the place you
called it (it should be declared before that place)