Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Properties In "Html" view

Properties In "Html" view

Jim Heavey

Why does intellisense not show me all of the available properties for a
control, such as a text box when I am adding that control in the HTML view.
For example, "ToolTip" does not show up as a "available" property for a
textbox that I am adding to an EditItemTemplate. Does not seem to mind
that I place the value in the element block, but it does not show it as a
valid property.

Thanks in advance for your assitance!!!!!!!!

bruce barker

for html intellesense VS depends on an xmlschema that defines the valid HTML
attributes. ToolTip does not showup because its not a valid attribute. You
can add ToolTip, because html is extendable, and you can add any attributes
you want.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Jim Heavey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns944492672E8F8JimHeaveyhotmailcom@207.46.24 8.16...
> Why does intellisense not show me all of the available properties for a
> control, such as a text box when I am adding that control in the HTML

view.
> For example, "ToolTip" does not show up as a "available" property for a
> textbox that I am adding to an EditItemTemplate. Does not seem to mind
> that I place the value in the element block, but it does not show it as a
> valid property.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assitance!!!!!!!!

Jim Heavey

Thanks....

I think I read that the next release of VS.Net will have much improved
Intellisense....maybe this will be one of the improvements.

Again...Thanks!