Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > system C versus VHDL|verilog|specman ....

system C versus VHDL|verilog|specman ....

bknpk@hotmail.com

I would like to know if system C is used in the high tech industry as
main tool for sign-off during development of RTL and verification.

For me system C is a great, free and high performance hardware
simulator with the C++ as a verification engine.

As a pilot, I took a little design from a customer and converted its
RTL to system C. Since this DUT uses buses of greater than 64 bits,
free verilog to system C tools, did not deliver. I did the conversion
manually.
The results as well as the verification code and its description is
available free at:
http://bknpk.no-ip.biz/First_SCV/aisTB.html