Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > how do i connect my vaio laptop with my wireless router (TP-link WR542G)

how do i connect my vaio laptop with my wireless router (TP-link WR542G)

alamgir.usmani alamgir.usmani is offline
Junior Member

Hello All,
I have a Sony Vaio laptop and a TP-Link wireless Router (model number WR542G) which was working fine. The laptop automatically connected, all was well untill i changed my ISP, I found that the laptop would not
connect to my wireless router anymore. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do next
and yes i can connect to the internet if i directly put the ethernet cable from my ADSL modem to my laptops ethernet port
Thanks in Advance

Alamgir

jbuyers jbuyers is offline
Member

try and *attempt* to connect to another network (you don't have to actually log in - just change your wifi connection to something other than your network -- if you're not in a populated area then go to a coffee shop or something)...Now you need to switch back to your home network.,... this gives it a refresh...

You may also want to unplug your wifi router and plug it back in after a few seconds (this this first).

Nice, hey.