Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > EVDO WIRELESS NETWORK

EVDO WIRELESS NETWORK

dustnik2@aol.com

I connect to the internet via a USB modem device from Verizon
Wireless. I have an old desktop computer, a new wireless laptop, and a
new wireless all-in-one printer that I want to connect with a wireless
router. I know that the desktop will have to attach via a wire of some
sort.

According to Verizon, I need something called an EVDO (?) router. Can
anyone tell me if this will work, and if so, where can I buy one? I've
called Staples and RadioShack, and they've never even heard of such a
thing. Has anyone out there actually done this?

Please answer in this forum, as my internet address is an old one.
Thank you for any help or advice that you can give me in this matter.

Sooner Al [MVP]

You might start with these pages...

http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_pa...5e4e2aa1bf5db3

http://www.dlink.com/products/resour...rid=2001&sec=0

http://www.evdoinfo.com/component/op...er/Itemid,115/

Note that I have no experience with any of these devices so as always YMMV.

Good luck...
--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

rights...