Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > commenting errors flagged as warnings instead of errors

commenting errors flagged as warnings instead of errors

Comp1597@yahoo.co.uk

I'm using Visual C++ on Windows Vista.
Being "only human", I sometimes use
***************************************/ to underline a section of
code
instead of the correct /************************************/ I'm
surprised by the fact that my mistake generates a warning rather than
an error.
How does the compiler understand
*************************/ ?

Thanks

Comp1597@yahoo.co.uk

On Apr 8, 10:26*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm using Visual C++ on Windows Vista.
> Being "only human", I sometimes use
> ***************************************/ * to underline a section of
> code
> surprised by the fact that my mistake generates a warning rather than
> an error.
> How does the compiler understand
>
> Thanks

Sorry, I was much too hasty. It generates an error as well as a
warning.
Should have looked it over more carefully.