Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Firmware update

Firmware update

Ian Pawson

Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

Gordon Henderson

In article <grhl0b$fgp$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
>changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
>screen warning me to change the access pin number.

This link:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...0.html#content

May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:

http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6

Not for the C460IP though )-:

Gordon

Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> In article <grhl0b$fgp$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
>> changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
>> screen warning me to change the access pin number.

> This link:
>
> http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...0.html#content
>
> May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6
>
> Not for the C460IP though )-:
>
> Gordon

No the C460IP has been end of life for some time now so the only updates
you'll ever get for that are security fixes if they ever occur.

Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
the flash hook (R) key now.

Paul.

alexd

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> In article <grhl0b$fgp$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

>>Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

> Not for the C460IP though )-:

You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
build your own:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

20:22:23 up 124 days, 21:33, 2 users, load average: 0.12, 0.11, 0.09
My god, said I, with my one liquid eye, am I dreaming, or am I insane?

Ian Pawson

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> In article <grhl0b$fgp$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
>> changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
>> screen warning me to change the access pin number.

> This link:
>
> http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...0.html#content
>
> May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6
>
> Not for the C460IP though )-:
>
> Gordon

Many thanks for the link

TheFug@domain.invalid

Ian Pawson schreef:
> Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
> changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
> screen warning me to change the access pin number.

On my 301 D i noticed also some improvements in the giganet instant
messages features (And Jabber network)

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Paul Hayes

Jono wrote:
> Paul Hayes wrote :
>> Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
>> the flash hook (R) key now.

> How's it partially implemented..?

You can use the R key to transfer the call but not to put the call on
hold. So the process goes something like:

- one call in progress
- go to "menu" and "ext call"
- now the first call goes on hold and you get dial tone
- make a second call
- press the R key.

In an ideal world step two would also just be "press the R key".

cheers,
Paul.

Dave Saville

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
> > In article <grhl0b$fgp$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ian Pawson <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >>Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

> > Not for the C460IP though )-:

> You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
> build your own:
>
> http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

How does one know which baseline to use?
--
Regards
Dave Saville

alexd

Dave Saville wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
>> build your own:

> How does one know which baseline to use?

No idea. Note that I sarcastically said 'simply and easily' to the bloke who
makes and sells PBXes for a living.

15:19:47 up 136 days, 16:30, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Dave Saville wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
>>> build your own:

>> How does one know which baseline to use?

>No idea. Note that I sarcastically said 'simply and easily' to the bloke who
>makes and sells PBXes for a living.

Yup - that's me... And while I looked at the link, it's currently filed
under the "nice to play with, but lifes too short" folder...

There's loads of things I'd like to do in a phone, but I don't have the
capacity myself - and mostly, phones do just work... I use the Asterisk
native transfer facilities on Siemens anyway - even the newer ones, as
you then have a method that works for everything...

Cheers,

Gordon
(And I do a little more than just make & sell PBXs, but who's counting