Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trouble getting jpg to display in image control

Trouble getting jpg to display in image control

Brian Hanson

Hi,

My company is changing its logo and I am having trouble getting my
existing image controls in asp.net apps to read the new jpg. I do not
need to programmatically change them, as they are static, but when
using the new jpegs I only get the little red x. I have added the new
jpg to the project, I can see it right there when I go to set the
image url of the control, and when I double click from the solution
explorer it displays properly in Photo Editor but no luck in my
control. Creating new controls and changing existing ones produces
the same result. I am able to use a new gif, but I am unhappy with
the image quality.

Any suggestions would be great.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

You'll want to make sure that the URL isn't pointing to your local file
system (file rather than a regular IIS url.

Also, is this inside the firewall? Are you using the same filename for the
new image?

Some intranets have very aggressive caching. You might defeat it by
changing the name of the .jpg if you haven't already tried that. Or ask the
security admin to dump the cache.

Just tossing out some ideas.....

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...