Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

Anako Anako is offline
Junior Member

Hello,

I am a learner web developer with Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 using C#. Actually I am trying to extract a part of a string by using the Substring function but it seems not to work for me and compiler returned the following error:

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

I need any help to solve this issue please.

Anako

imransyed63 imransyed63 is offline
Member

You must be applying substring on textbox control,

use Text property to get the text entered in textbox.

for e.g.

TextBox1.Text.SubString(0,5);