Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

04-07-2009
Hello,

I am a learner web developer with Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 using C#. Actually I am trying to extract a part of a string by using the Substring function but it seems not to work for me and compiler returned the following error:

'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' does not contain a definition for 'Substring'

I need any help to solve this issue please.

Anako

04-07-2009
You must be applying substring on textbox control,

use Text property to get the text entered in textbox.

for e.g.

TextBox1.Text.SubString(0,5);