Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: Firefox profiles..

Re: Firefox profiles..

Rod

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:32:33 +0100, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> If you are using Win XP the profiles are stored in:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
>
> I can't see anyway under tools>options but is it posiible to run FF
> with the profile in a different location?
>
> Any help appreciated.

Open FF with the profile manager. Start/Run/"firefox.exe -p"
Create a new profile, and when you name it, click on the box below to
"Choose Folder"
I keep my profile on another partition, and can copy it to a new install or
to another computer. Good idea to get it off your main partition so that if
your operating system goes south, you still have your profile.

nimd4 nimd4 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Start/Run/"firefox.exe -p"
Might as well use the -no-remote parameter, too ( lifehacker.com/software/firefox/geek-to-live--manage-multiple-firefox-profiles-231646.php ); As to allow multiple instances/versions/Firefox Profiles at the same time. Then, the actual shortcut to launch the browser will look like this:
Code:
\path\to\firefox.exe -P SOMEFIREFOXPROFILE -no-remote
Firefox Profiles, How to find your profile - support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

Quote:
Operating System
  1. Windows Vista/XP/2000
  2. Windows 98/Me
Profile Folder Path
  1. Code:
    %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
  2. Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
Also the Enviromental Variable from above,
Code:
%APPDATA%
used to navigate around the Windows Operating System via shortcut(s), is one of many; Check it out @ vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm

Last edited by nimd4; 09-12-2009 at 01:49 AM..