Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Spend billions on broadband in NZ? or do this?

Re: Spend billions on broadband in NZ? or do this?

Me

Puddle wrote:
> http://www.rlslog.net/swedish-traffi...more-pirating/

So, if sales/rentals of music/movies through legitimate d/l and or store
sales show a corresponding large spike, then this worked in Sweden.
And if not, then perhaps they just introduced draconian laws for no real
reason.

oneofus

whoisthis wrote:
> In article <grb5lr$d44$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Puddle wrote:
>>> http://www.rlslog.net/swedish-traffi...more-pirating/

>> So, if sales/rentals of music/movies through legitimate d/l and or store
>> sales show a corresponding large spike, then this worked in Sweden.
>> And if not, then perhaps they just introduced draconian laws for no real
>> reason.

> yes, after all if you had no intention of paying for it then its
> perfectly OK to pirate it.
>
> The drop in traffic is a damned good indicator as to how much piracy was
> happening.

And at the rate of damages and loss claimed by the record company
lawyers, the GDP of Sweden will have more than doubled !
Perhaps they will sell us their broadband network, seeing as they no
longer need it.

Me

whoisthis wrote:
> In article <grb5lr$d44$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Puddle wrote:
>>> http://www.rlslog.net/swedish-traffi...more-pirating/

>> So, if sales/rentals of music/movies through legitimate d/l and or store
>> sales show a corresponding large spike, then this worked in Sweden.
>> And if not, then perhaps they just introduced draconian laws for no real
>> reason.

> yes, after all if you had no intention of paying for it then its
> perfectly OK to pirate it.

That wasn't what I said.
> The drop in traffic is a damned good indicator as to how much piracy was
> happening.

It might be an indicator, but probably not a good one.

oneofus

whoisthis wrote:
> In article <grcjde$ae5$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> whoisthis wrote:

>>> yes, after all if you had no intention of paying for it then its
>>> perfectly OK to pirate it.
>>>

>> That wasn't what I said.
>>> The drop in traffic is a damned good indicator as to how much piracy was
>>> happening.

>> It might be an indicator, but probably not a good one.

> no, there is probably all the illegal kiddy porn too.

Shut down teh internetz !!!!!

Me

oneofus wrote:
> whoisthis wrote:
>> In article <grcjde$ae5$(E-Mail Removed)>, Me <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> That wasn't what I said.
>>> It might be an indicator, but probably not a good one.

>> no, there is probably all the illegal kiddy porn too.

> Shut down teh internetz !!!!!

No - ban kids, a global zero child policy. It would then only take a
lifetime to solve all the world's problems.

Your Name

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:greca0$pev$(E-Mail Removed)...
> oneofus wrote:
> > whoisthis wrote:

> >> no, there is probably all the illegal kiddy porn too.

> > Shut down teh internetz !!!!!
> >

> No - ban kids, a global zero child policy. It would then only take a
> lifetime to solve all the world's problems.

Where do we sign the petition for that?? It would solve many many problems,
including ending the "recession" and eventually helping fix Global Warming
too.