Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: sinister cinema logo infects entire movie!

Re: sinister cinema logo infects entire movie!

gerry

On Apr 4, 5:46*pm, weary flake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This is a warning against purchasing Sinister Cinema's
> edition of The Bat (1926), as the "S C" logo infects
> the entire movie!; OK, I exaggerate, the first 45 minutes
> of it. *This is unacceptable. * They appear to have "cornered
> the market" in this movie, perhaps explaining why their logo
> (advertising during the movie) is so extreme in this movie,
> because they can get away with it.
>
> Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
> deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
> examples?

The 1998 Delta release of Charles Bronson: Cabo Blanco/U.S. Marshal
has the Delta logo popping up every 10 minutes or so. In the teens,
as I recall, the Selig company would put their studio name somewhere
on the set, say as the name of the safe company on a safe prop in a
train baggage car. Or something similar. In the case of Delta, which
released DVDs under the name Laserlight, I don't know how they managed
to get Tony Curtis to make a brief and pointless introduction to Cabo
Blanco. Money down the drain for a pretty bad copy of a pretty bad
movie. That bug was the capper.

nick

On Apr 5, 10:27*am, gerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 5:46*pm, weary flake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > This is a warning against purchasing Sinister Cinema's
> > edition of The Bat (1926), as the "S C" logo infects
> > the entire movie!; OK, I exaggerate, the first 45 minutes
> > of it. *This is unacceptable. * They appear to have "cornered
> > the market" in this movie, perhaps explaining why their logo
> > (advertising during the movie) is so extreme in this movie,
> > because they can get away with it.

> > Are there any reviews anywhere on the sinister practice of
> > deliberately placing bugs in films on dvd, with specific
> > examples?

> The 1998 Delta release of Charles Bronson: Cabo Blanco/U.S. Marshal
> has the Delta logo popping up every 10 minutes or so. *In the teens,
> as I recall, the Selig company would put their studio name somewhere
> on the set, say as the name of the safe company on a safe prop in a
> train baggage car. *Or something similar. *In the case of Delta, which
> released DVDs under the name Laserlight, I don't know how they managed
> to get Tony Curtis to make a brief and pointless introduction to Cabo
> Blanco. *Money down the drain for a pretty bad copy of a pretty bad
> movie. *That bug was the capper.

Laserlight DVDs with the Tony Curtis intros, one of Tom Sutpen's
guilty pleasures.