Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot access DVD drive

Cannot access DVD drive

Bob Pearce - Down Under

Hi all, just set up 2 XP machines (laptop to PC) and all is networked great
but cannot get my laptop to connect to my PC DVD drive. I have connected to
all other drives OK but a NO NO with my DVD drive. It says that the drive is
inaccessible, I might not have permission to connect.... I have shared it of
course but .... any suggestions? Thanks Bob

smlunatick

On Apr 5, 12:09*am, "Bob Pearce - Down Under"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all, just set up 2 XP machines (laptop to PC) and all is networked great
> but *cannot get my laptop to connect to my PC DVD drive. I have connected to
> all other drives OK but a NO NO with my DVD drive. It says that the drive is
> inaccessible, I might not have permission to connect.... I have shared it of
> course but .... any suggestions? Thanks Bob

Normally, you will get this "style" of message is there is no info to
be read from the "media" on/in the drive. Laptop will only be able
to use the PC DVD drive to read info off the media disks only.