Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > status bar question

status bar question

fatboycanteen

I make a hyperlink in my page..
then,
How to invisible the url link on the window status bar
when the user click it.
( I tried to use the javascript with mouseover and
mouseout event, but when I click the link, the url
still appear)

Thank You

Jagan Mohan

Not a straight solution, but you can achieve it by setting like this
onClick="javascript:GoToUrl('http://wwww.microsoft.com')">Hello</a>

<script>
function GoToUrl(url)
{
window.location.href = url;
}
</script>

Check if this works for you

Regards,
Jagan Mohan

"fatboycanteen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00c601c3b7cf$0354aca0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I make a hyperlink in my page..
> then,
> How to invisible the url link on the window status bar
> when the user click it.
> ( I tried to use the javascript with mouseover and
> mouseout event, but when I click the link, the url
> still appear)
>
> Thank You

Munsifali Rashid

The URL will only be invisible for a few seconds, as the users web browser
is ultimately going to display something like "Connecting to
www.microsoft.com...". The only way you could possibly get around this is
by using Frames - i.e. load the target URL into a big empty frameset, so you
can control the status bar.

Personally, I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Mun

news:(E-Mail Removed)...