Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?)

Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?)

Annu Pai

What is the recommended Windows freeware to create animated GIFs?

I have a few dozen GIFs that I wish to string together to make an animated
GIF.

Does Irfanview make animated GIFs?

If not, what is the recommended freeware to create animated GIFs?

Searching, I found the following potential candidate to make animated GIFs
(Unfreez http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez)

Do you recommend Unfreez or some other program to create an animated GIF
out of a series of 360 degree sequential GIF files?

Annu Pai

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 03:51:55 -0700, John Corliss wrote:
> http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/

Hi John,
Thank you for the tip.

Your pointer URL is great because it holds GIF animation freeware that's no
longer available elsewhere!

1. Unfreez http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez

2. Ulead GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)

3. Microsoft GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)

Thank you!

M.L.

>> http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/

>Your pointer URL is great because it holds GIF animation freeware that's no
>longer available elsewhere!
>
>1. Unfreez http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez
>
>2. Ulead GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)
>
>3. Microsoft GIF Animator (apparently no longer available as freeware)

4. Photoscape has a feature called AnimGif
www.photoscape.org

jmatt

On Apr 4, 5:14 pm, Annu Pai <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Searching, I found the following potential candidate to make animated GIFs

Another way, 13 pages here.

http://primewares.com/links.php?page...h=animated+gif

Allodoxaphobia

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:51:41 -0600, heartsoulofra wrote:

> "If not, what is the recommended freeware to create animated GIFs?"
>
> Why don't you try this - http://www.wegif.com
>
> Web based gif animation tool so you don't need to download anything or
> pay.

heh...
The 'demo' on their home page is done with Flash.
I wonder why they don't want to *DEMO AN ANTIMATED gif!!*