Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Cannot find text in *.py files with Windows Explorer?

Re: Cannot find text in *.py files with Windows Explorer?

Tim Golden

John Doe wrote:
> Anybody have a solution for Windows (XP) Explorer search not finding
> ordinary text in *.py files?

It came up a couple of months ago either on this
list or on python-win32. Don't have web access
at the moment, but try searching the archives for
references to search, registry settings and probably
an msdn link. Now I think about it, try searching
for "xplorer2" since I think I mentioned that I have
used that instead of explorer for some while. That
should get you the thread at any rate.

TJG

Ant

On Apr 4, 7:09*am, Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ... Now I think about it, try searching
> for "xplorer2" ...

I'll second that. It's one of the few non-open source bits of software
that I'll willingly pay a license for. Have used it for around 5 or 6
years now. It's by a little 1 man company called Zabkat.

--
Ant.

John Doe

Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> John Doe wrote:

>> Anybody have a solution for Windows (XP) Explorer search not
>> finding ordinary text in *.py files?

> It came up a couple of months ago either on this
> list or on python-win32. Don't have web access
> at the moment, but try searching the archives for
> references to search, registry settings and probably
> an msdn link.

I think it goes something like this...
Right-click My Computer -- manage -- services and applications --
right-click indexing service -- properties -- generation -- check
Index files with unknown extensions

Note: turning on indexing is not necessary.

Thanks to the replies.

--
Interested in making Windows and games obey your verbal commands?
Continuous command recognition (much easier than speech recognition)