Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Re: Ad-Aware Silver Anniver. Addition

Re: Ad-Aware Silver Anniver. Addition

Kayman

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:45:28 -0700, Charliec wrote:

> Is anyone using Lavasoft's Ad-Adware Sivler Anniver. Addition in
> manual mode? I am trying to use it, but do not want the Ad-Aware Live
> to run all the time. I basically want to you it for manual scans on
> my schedule and not have Live monitoring (I have another program for
> that).
>
> But, I turn off Live and Ad-Adware still starts up when I bootup the
> system. I've turned off it's options in MSCONFIG and also in
> Services.msc, but the darn program still starts and places it's icon
> on the SystemTray.
>
> I have WinXP SP3.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.

Uninstall/remove Ad-Aware and consider:
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes...html?tag=mncol
--or--
http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_A...are_d5756.html
--direct--