Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > ECS A790GXM AM3 Black Series

ECS A790GXM AM3 Black Series

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Pure Overclock have a review of the ECS A790GXM AM3 Black Series motherboard, based on the new AMD Dragon Platform:

Quote:
Earlier this year, AMD announced their new Phenom II processors, and shortly after that, we saw the release of the new Socket AM3. The socket AM3 processors were designed to be backwards compatible with the older AM2+ motherboards, due to an integrated DDR2 memory controller. Yes, AMD has finally stepped up to the plate and delivered an integrated DDR3 memory controller on their new AM3 processors as well. You heard right: two memory controllers on the same CPU. For those who insist upon peak performance, we must have the latest and best new products on the market, and DDR3 memory has been shown to not only outperform DDR2 memory.

So, to allow their customers the ability to take full advantage of what the AMD AM3 processors have to offer, ECS is releasing the A790GXM-AD3 motherboard. But, the question remains, “Can the A790GXM-AD3 motherboard seamlessly integrate all that the new AMD Dragon Platform has to offer?” This is exactly what we are here to find out, and we've got an advance look at this new board from ECS for you today.
Read the review here.