Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Impersonation

Impersonation

=?Utf-8?B?cw==?=

Hi,
I have 2 computers (hostname1, hostname2 for which I have the administrator login)
I have a test.bat file which contains the command:
netsvc Browser \\hostname2 /query.
This test.bat file works fine when I run it manually by double-clicking it from my computer(hostname1).
But when I run this command from my ASP .NET application, I get an error: could not open service manager
So I used Impersonation in my web.config file to impersonate the user.
<identity impersonate="true" userName="hostname2\user" password="password" />
But then neither I get the error nor anything happens.
Why is this happening..?
What should I be doing to make this command work from my computer to the other computer?
Thanks,

Impersonation code Pramod ASP .Net 1 05-12-2005 09:56 PM
Problem with impersonation and delegation Kelly D. Jones ASP .Net 1 09-12-2003 04:43 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Hidulf ASP .Net 1 06-30-2003 05:23 PM
Re: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Raymond Basque ASP .Net 3 06-29-2003 05:18 PM
RE: ASP.NET Fails after SP4 with Impersonation Bassel Tabbara [MSFT] ASP .Net 1 06-28-2003 12:01 AM

Advertisments