Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless switch on?

Wireless switch on?

John Callaway

How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
Packard bell laptop.

JPC

Richard in AZ

"John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
| Packard bell laptop.
|
| JPC

Model number? There are a lot of Packard Hell Laptops.

John

Packard Bell is still in business??? My first (and last) PB desktop was a
286 that I bought in early 90s.

"Richard in AZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
> | Packard bell laptop.
> |
> | JPC
>
> Model number? There are a lot of Packard Hell Laptops.

Jack-MVP

Hi
The Wireless switch is a hardware switch and thus does not relate to the OS
but to the Hardware.
Usually there is either a real little switch somewhere, or a combination of
the Fn + F key serves as a switch.
Take a look at the Laptop's manual. If you do not have the manual log to
the Support page of the laptop.
It should be here, http://support.packardbell.com/uk/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
> Packard bell laptop.
>
> JPC

Richard in AZ

Packard Bell is alive and well in England.

"John" <a> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
| Packard Bell is still in business??? My first (and last) PB desktop was a
| 286 that I bought in early 90s.
|
| "Richard in AZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
| > | Packard bell laptop.
| > |
| > | JPC
| >
| > Model number? There are a lot of Packard Hell Laptops.

David B.

Look at the switch, see if it is in the on or off position.

"John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
> Packard bell laptop.
>
> JPC

John Callaway

I found it, but I still have a red X next to the icon in the tray.
JPC

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:02:50 -0400, "David B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look at the switch, see if it is in the on or off position.

David B.

That usually means, provided the wireless adapter is working properly, that
your not connected to a wireless network. Right click the tray icon, select
view available wireless networks, and select yours, what happens?

"John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found it, but I still have a red X next to the icon in the tray.
> JPC
>
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:02:50 -0400, "David B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Look at the switch, see if it is in the on or off position.

Jack-MVP

Hi
At this point maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).