Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to get US TV in Europe?

How to get US TV in Europe?

Scribner

A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
two years. His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
Forces TV. I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
the networks outside of the US. He had some weird idea using a
slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
Internet, but it was really complicated. So, does anyone have a
better idea? Thanks.

sandy58

On Apr 1, 3:49*pm, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
> two years. *His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
> Forces TV. *I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
> was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
> the networks outside of the US. *He had some weird idea using a
> slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
> Internet, but it was really complicated. *So, does anyone have a
> better idea? *Thanks.

US TV in Ukraine?
http://www.tv-web.us/
Tv-Web.us

http://www.jumptv.com/en/channel/tvteuta/

sandy58

On Apr 1, 3:49*pm, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
> two years. *His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
> Forces TV. *I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
> was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
> the networks outside of the US. *He had some weird idea using a
> slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
> Internet, but it was really complicated. *So, does anyone have a
> better idea? *Thanks.

BUT......
Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....

sandy58

On Apr 1, 3:49*pm, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
> two years. *His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
> Forces TV. *I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
> was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
> the networks outside of the US. *He had some weird idea using a
> slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
> Internet, but it was really complicated. *So, does anyone have a
> better idea? *Thanks.

BUT......
Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....

*Less*

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
On Apr 1, 3:49 pm, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
> two years. His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
> Forces TV. I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
> was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
> the networks outside of the US. He had some weird idea using a
> slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
> Internet, but it was really complicated. So, does anyone have a
> better idea? Thanks.

BUT......
Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....

2004 Article by now should be over,

Published on Friday, November 26, 2004 by the BBC
Ukraine State TV in Revolt
by Sebastian Usher

Scribner

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:20:03 -0500, "*Less*" <*(E-Mail Removed)*> wrote:

>"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>On Apr 1, 3:49 pm, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
>> two years. His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
>> Forces TV. I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
>> was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
>> the networks outside of the US. He had some weird idea using a
>> slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
>> Internet, but it was really complicated. So, does anyone have a
>> better idea? Thanks.

>BUT......
>Ukraine State TV in Revolt.....
>http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1126-07.htm
>
>2004 Article by now should be over,
>

> Published on Friday, November 26, 2004 by the BBC
> Ukraine State TV in Revolt
> by Sebastian Usher

No, I think that it is still revolting.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:24:41 -0400, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>There is no known way to watch US originating tv in other countries
>due to the networks licensing issues.

Wow.

Top

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:49:06 -0700, Scribner <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >A friend is going to be assigned to the US Embassy in the Ukraine for
> >two years. His TV choices appear to be either local TV or Armed
> >Forces TV. I got the brilliant idea of watching TV via Hulu but he
> >was told that due to licensing restrictions you can't watch Hulu and
> >the networks outside of the US. He had some weird idea using a
> >slingbox tied into a router and DVR in the US sending him TV over the
> >Internet, but it was really complicated. So, does anyone have a
> >better idea? Thanks.

> The links that have been posted to various websites all deal with
> other foreign (to the US) countries.
> There is no known way to watch US originating tv in other countries
> due to the networks licensing issues.
>
> What you could do is record the shows for the friend and send the
> discs to him later.

I guess you've never heard of satellite. Having been overseas and
actually had some experience with the subject it can be done. One
option is a satellite reception of UK programming. There is a lot of US
programing to be had from the UK.

Top