Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to start?

How to start?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>>Uran wrote:
>>> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name)

>> That's been registered since May of 2006. Are you just now getting
>> around to using it? (That's an odd name to choose...)

> May 2006 is about the time the tld was introduced.

I'd wager the TLD was introduced even before Sir Tim ever published the
very first web page... <lol>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
if you didn't know who Sir Tim is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain

> Most likely mydomain.name is NOT owned by the poster but used as a
> reference.

Duh!

> As many people use mydomain.com and yourdomain.com freely even though
> both have been properly registered.

Of course. And everyone who uses someone else's registered domain name,
either as Uran did, or as a munge to an email address, they do a
disservice to that owner.

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bruno HRUST wrote:

> I suspect that FrontPage is the tool for building a page

Bruno, I suspect you will not find much favor for FrontPlague in these
groups. A lot of us compose our pages with simple text editors.

Have you visited the tutorial I recommended? http://htmldog.com/

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Bruno HRUST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:

> > and layers of course... This is an exciting development. Please keep
> > us informed of your every move.

> First, if a damage is caused to the owner of www.mydomain.name (not ".com",
> if you would not mind), then I am sorry; but, all the same, there is no list
> on the web that indicates sites that are not taken, that is registered. My
> only purpose was not to let the cat out of the bag; I sincerely hope that
> one can be easily, without much fuss, forgiven for a crime like that. J

Don't worry about it. I approve of secrets. Will your site be for a
one-man business of some kind?

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Bruno HRUST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> >> First, if a damage is caused to the owner of www.mydomain.name (not
> >> ".com", if you would not mind), then I am sorry; but, all the same,
> >> there is no list on the web that indicates sites that are not taken,
> >> that is registered. My only purpose was not to let the cat out of
> >> the bag; I sincerely hope that one can be easily, without much fuss,
> >> forgiven for a crime like that. J
> >>

> > Don't worry about it. I approve of secrets. Will your site be for a
> > one-man business of some kind?

> This below is a copy/paste from the page that I am working on. I is meant to
> include everyone who understand in the projects, and also those individuals
> who do not understand but are willing to take part in it; not many
> understand today's meaning of life or politics, but are involved in it in
> some way.
>
> "I am talking about projects that are generally not understood and people
> think that I am a nutcase, for which I do understand them and blaming them
> not for it, but some of them do get carried away and bite on me more than
> necessary: it is about saving the world ... or, one can put it, of saving
> myself from the world as it is now." That was my short reply to a person met
> at Usenet. Not many shall really understand this written here, and reasons
> are too many to spell them all; and I am really not aiming at those
> individuals who for some reason do not understand it, but rather at those
> few that will understand ... and help me with the bundle; because they have
> no choice, it is written that they are destined to go my way, to go with me.
> It is those saintly individuals upon whom I shall build my church, and new
> life for a new humankind.

May I suggest you start, then, with a very simple template. You want to
say things, so a simple set of headings and paragraphs should do you.
Headings are very important because they assist people, especially blind
people, to understand your offering better. This sort of thing to begin
with:

<head>
<title>Bruno's plan to save the world anf himself</title>
body {margin: .5em 2em .5em 2em;}
</head>
<h1>Main heading</h1>
<h2>First second level heading</h2>
<h2>Second second level heading</h2>

--
dorayme

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Bruno HRUST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

That should have read:

<head>
<title>Bruno's plan to save the world anf himself</title>
body {margin: .5em 2em .5em 2em;}
</head>
<h1>Main heading</h1>
<h2>First second level heading</h2>
<h2>Second second level heading</h2>

--
dorayme

rf

dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Bruno HRUST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> dorayme wrote:

>>> and layers of course... This is an exciting development. Please keep
>>> us informed of your every move.

>> First, if a damage is caused to the owner of www.mydomain.name (not
>> ".com", if you would not mind), then I am sorry; but, all the same,
>> there is no list on the web that indicates sites that are not taken,
>> that is registered. My only purpose was not to let the cat out of
>> the bag; I sincerely hope that one can be easily, without much fuss,
>> forgiven for a crime like that. J
>>

> Don't worry about it. I approve of secrets. Will your site be for a
> one-man business of some kind?

Before you go any further with this m'dear (and everybody else for that
matter) you may care to type the words "bruno" and "hrust" into your google
search box.

dorayme

In article <xTZAl.330$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Before you go any further with this ...(and everybody else for that
> matter) you may care to type the words "bruno" and "hrust" into your google
> search box.

OK, thanks, I did and it looks ugly. I'm out of here. It never occurred
to me that there would be bad things lurking here...

In an innocent way, I just thought maybe it was Luigi on a Second
Coming. But Luigi's greatest crime, poor feller, was to test Jonathan
Little's patience rather a lot (as I recall) <g>

--
dorayme

SAZ

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> dorayme wrote:
> > In article <xTZAl.330$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> Before you go any further with this ...(and everybody else for that
> >> matter) you may care to type the words "bruno" and "hrust" into
> >> your google search box.

> > OK, thanks, I did and it looks ugly. I'm out of here. It never
> > occurred to me that there would be bad things lurking here...
> >
> > In an innocent way, I just thought maybe it was Luigi on a Second
> > Coming. But Luigi's greatest crime, poor feller, was to test Jonathan
> > Little's patience rather a lot (as I recall) <g>

> Very scary, huh?

Looks like a big scam. Send me $10,000 and I'll say a special prayer
for you. What's sad is that there are many desperate individuals that
believe your BS.

You seem to have a problem with Jews. Any other races/religions that
you feel you are above?

Don't bother replying, you're in my killfile.