Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to start?

How to start?

Uran

Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be posted, then I should
just do it; but, before doing it I should create a page. As for now, there
is not one character used yet; I am posting them outside.

1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
page down in HTML code?

2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?

However, I would like to be able to stick with my essays only, and to have
someone capable and willing to take care of creating a template for a web
page, which I would be filling with the text, and possibly with a picture at
times. I would pay that person, but in terms that are possible for me to do
that: not up front. Since I have no money, even though I might appear as a
financially rich person; I may be rich in a spiritual way, but financially I
have nothing, because I spend everything on my projects, I can pay either
from my pension or from the money that hits the bank account later.

If anyone is there that cares to bother to read my blogs is welcome to read
them; so, if that person wants to jump onto the bandwagon, is most welcome.

Regards,

Bruno.
mail to: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://hrvatum94.blogspot.com
http://brunohrust.blogspot.com

dorayme

In article <gqva25$ei7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Uran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
> of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
> it;

Sounds like a form of self treatment - retail therapy.

--
dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Uran wrote:

> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name)

That's been registered since May of 2006. Are you just now getting
around to using it? (That's an odd name to choose...)

> and a space of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear
> idea what to do with it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to
> be posted, then I should just do it; but, before doing it I should
> create a page. As for now, there is not one character used yet; I am
> posting them outside.
>
> 1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
> page down in HTML code?

Since you seem to be a complete beginner, how about starting with a
tutorial? This one is oft recommended:
http://htmldog.com/

> 2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?

http://validator.w3.org/

The rest of your post should be re-asked after you have basic knowledge
of how web pages (and sites) are constructed.

--
-bts

Chaddy2222

On Apr 1, 7:53*pm, "Uran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
> of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
> it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be posted, then I should
> just do it; but, before doing it I should create a page. As for now, there
> is not one character used yet; I am posting them outside.
>
> 1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
> page down in HTML code?
>
> 2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?
>
> However, I would like to be able to stick with my essays only, and to have
> someone capable and willing to take care of creating a template for a web
> page, which I would be filling with the text, and possibly with a picture at
> times. I would pay that person, but in terms that are possible for me to do
> that: not up front. Since I have no money, even though I might appear as a
> financially rich person; I may be rich in a spiritual way, but financially I
> have nothing, because I spend everything on my projects, I can pay either
> from my pension or from the money that hits the bank account later.

What kind of projects are we talking about?
In other words, what is the website for exactly? Is it a personal
site?.
Most designers will ask for up to 50% of the overall website payment
up-front, as a deposit.
> If anyone is there that cares to bother to read my blogs is welcome to read
> them; so, if that person wants to jump onto the bandwagon, is most welcome.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruno.

freemont

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:09:01 +0800, Bruno HRUST writ:

> I am talking about project(s) that are generally not understood and
> people think that I am a nutcase, for which I do understand them, but
> some of them do get carried away and bite on me more than necessary: it
> is about saving a world ... or one can put it of saving myself wrom the
> world as it is now.

ooooooook...
--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

William Gill

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Are you and "Uran" the same person?

This being the first of April and all. To (mis)quote the Bard..
"Me thinks" "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

I suspect this author was also known here by another name.

Raymond Schmit

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:53:05 +0800, "Uran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
>of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
>it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be posted, then I should
>just do it; but, before doing it I should create a page. As for now, there
>is not one character used yet; I am posting them outside.

First April posting ?

richard

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 06:04:29 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Uran wrote:
>
>> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name)

>That's been registered since May of 2006. Are you just now getting
>around to using it? (That's an odd name to choose...)
>
>> and a space of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear
>> idea what to do with it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to
>> be posted, then I should just do it; but, before doing it I should
>> create a page. As for now, there is not one character used yet; I am
>> posting them outside.
>>
>> 1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
>> page down in HTML code?

>Since you seem to be a complete beginner, how about starting with a
>tutorial? This one is oft recommended:
>http://htmldog.com/
>
>> 2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?

>http://validator.w3.org/
>
>The rest of your post should be re-asked after you have basic knowledge
>of how web pages (and sites) are constructed.

May 2006 is about the time the tld was introduced. Most likely
mydomain.name is NOT owned by the poster but used as a reference.

As many people use mydomain.com and yourdomain.com freely even though
both have been properly registered.

Raymond Schmit

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 02:31:08 +0800, "Bruno HRUST"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Raymond Schmit wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:53:05 +0800, "Uran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a
>>> space of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea
>>> what to do with it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be
>>> posted, then I should just do it; but, before doing it I should
>>> create a page. As for now, there is not one character used yet; I am
>>> posting them outside.
>>>

>> First April posting ?

>No, I have just manage to edit some material by help of FrontPage editor and
>now have to work out the FileZila browser and soon my first page will
>appear -- in black and white if necessary, and without tabs, but will be OK.
>Later will add colour and tabs.

That' spretty good, but you will not create a good site readable by
most browsers if you use " FrontPage editor".

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Raymond Schmit) wrote:

> >No, I have just manage to edit some material by help of FrontPage editor and
> >now have to work out the FileZila browser and soon my first page will
> >appear -- in black and white if necessary, and without tabs, but will be OK.
> >Later will add colour and tabs.

and layers of course... This is an exciting development. Please keep us
informed of your every move.

--
dorayme