Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > First time using validators problem

First time using validators problem

Mr. x

Hello,
I am first time using validators of apsx,

I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :

<form runat="server">
Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
<asp:Button runat="server" Text="?????" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator
ControlToValidate="name"
Text="The name field is required!"
runat="server" />
</form>

I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at my
computer).

What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the textbox
field ?

Why ?

Thanks

Mr. x

> I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :
>
> <form runat="server">
> Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
> <asp:Button runat="server" Text="Commit" />
> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator
> ControlToValidate="name"
> Text="The name field is required!"
> runat="server" />
> </form>
>
> I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at

my
> computer).
>
> What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the

textbox
> field ?
>
> Why ?
> Thanks

It seems that I have other elements in the page, and they are not in the
<form> clause.
I put them in the <form> clause, and everything works fine.

Thanks