Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Most of my newsgroups are gone!

Re: Most of my newsgroups are gone!

Dan C

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:47:25 -0400, Arthur F. Quinn wrote:

> I turned on my computer today and found all newsgroups but 11 are gone,
> including 24hoursupport.helpdesk. I switched to another identity, there
> are another 11 newsgroup I had, lucky for me, they include
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Before the incident, I got hundreds of
> newsgroups for each of them.
>
> I am using MS Outlook Express. My DSL provider is EarthLink. There are
> two things unusual yesterday. One is my computer is slow and sluggish,
> sometimes I need to click twice to surf the Internet and the computer
> stopped response for 1 or 2 minutes many times. The second thing is that
> MS Outlook express asked to compact itself after I closed it. It has
> done that before so I am not alerted.
>
> I have McAfee Total Protection for AV and Firewall. I scanned my
> computer yesterday and didn't find any virus or worm.
>
> I also can't add the newsgroups back on, even they are gone. Outlook
> Express just treats them as non-existent, even the other identity could
> see the newsgroups. Now both identities could only see about 50
> newsgroups.
>
> What should I do next? Can I back up emails from Inbox then reinstall
> Outlook Express.

HAR! LOL! ROFL!

Another clueless Outhouse Excuse luser.

Format your hard drive immediately, before this gets any worse.

Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

Buffalo

Dan C wrote:

> HAR! LOL! ROFL!
>
> Another clueless Outhouse Excuse luser.
>
> Format your hard drive immediately, before this gets any worse.

Aren't you getting close to your 13th birthday?
Are you in a place for the mentally disabled?
Buffalo