Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Thecus M3800 Stream Box

Thecus M3800 Stream Box

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Bjorn 3D take a look at the Thecus M3800 Stream Box, a handy way to display media direct to your TV!

Quote:
The Home Theater PC (HTPC) market has really taken off in recent years, with manufacturers designing various products like cases and gadgets to fill them up with. The first iterations of the HTPC were very basic and often times clumsy. It took a bit of tweaking here and there to get things working, and even then things were often not as user friendly as they could be. Fast forward a few years and we have HTPC's that integrate seamlessly into our living rooms, allowing us to easily access our media from the comfort of the couch. Thecus, more often known for their NAS devices, has jumped into the Home Theater arena with their M3800 Stream Box. You can think of the M3800 as a hybrid device, in that it provides not only the space to store your media, but it also has the ability to function as a playback device when hooked directly up to a display device. So, whether you want to use the M3800 as a storage unit for all of your networked devices to communicate with, or as a direct playback device, Thecus has designed this product to suit your needs
Read the review here.